Friday, May 28, 2021

Have you ever questioned is God really listening?

We read from the prophet Isaiah chapter 59 verse 1, Listen! The Lord's arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.

When you read this verse, what strikes you?

If we read this verse carefully we can hear God's message loud and clear. I'm not the one who has gone deaf! I don't care how many times really you go to Church. What I really want is for you to free those who are wrongly in prison. Lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Maybe you might want to share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Maybe you would like to give some of your clothing away to those in need. That's what I want from you in that verse from the prophet Isaiah.

Let us pray: gracious and loving God I come to you with praise and Thanksgiving. Thank you always for hearing my prayers. Teach me to hear you better when I have conversations with you. May I listen attentively to hear your voice speaking to me. Show me how I can serve you in real and practical ways, reaching out to those in need of my help. Amen.